About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at .
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
The Culinary Associate serves and prepares food for retail, patients, Breastfeeding Mothers (BFM), Guest Trays and catering.
1. Serves and prepares food for retail, patients, BFM, Guest Trays and catering.
2. Receives diet orders and assembles special diets checking with Diet Assistant or Registered Dietitian as needed.
3. Receives deliveries, transports food carts/products and puts away stock.
4. Fills orders for nourishment stations.
5. Rotates inventories.
6. Processes monies/charges for food items sold in retail with other duties and assignments as needed in facility.
7. Works as a part of a team, helping co-workers during busy times to improve workflow and customer service.
8. Follows Health Department guidelines for safe food handling and sanitation.
9. May prepare baby formulas, tube feedings, and fortify breastmilk as ordered at Beeghly Campus in MV.
10. Organizes and processes diet orders. Performs clerical functions. Delivers patient trays/carts/catering food/nourishments.
11. Prepares food items using standardized recipes and portion control guidelines.
12. Follows standards of sanitation and safety in food handling according to HACCP guidelines.
13. Maintains cleanliness of the work area.
14. Receives and stores deliveries.
15. Other duties as required.
1. Experience in customer service is preferred.
2. Experience in hazard analysis critical control point is preferred.
3. Experience in institutional or restaurant cooking is preferred.
4. Experience as a cashier is preferred.
5. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
6. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Proficiency in POS software is preferred.
Education and Experience
1. Certification: ServSafe is preferred.
2. Years of relevant experience: 0 to 2 years is preferred.
3. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: