About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at .
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
The Mental Health Therapist II apply graduate-level counseling skills/social work as an independently licensed staff as stipulated by the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board. The duties performed include the psychosocial assessment of individuals, adolescents, families, and groups and the provision of graduate-level clinical social work/counseling interventions as appropriate to client needs in the context of the department.
Outpatient Add On:
PHP/IOP Add On:
PIRC Add On:
Substance Use Add On:
1. Experience working with electronic medical record software, such as EPIC, is preferred.
2. Proficiency in Microsoft Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
3. Experience providing clinical services through telehealth is preferred.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Master's Degree in Social Work or Clinical Mental/Behavioral Health Counseling is required.
2. Certification: Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW), Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC), or Licensed Independent Marriage and family Therapist (IMFT) required. For SUD positions, LCDC II, LCDC III, or LICDC is preferred.
3. Years of relevant experience: Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience in preferred.
4. Supervision endorsement from the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board preferred.
5. Must meet Akron Children's Hospital Medical Staff Credentialing/Privileging criteria.
6. Years of supervisory experience: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: