Tenneco is one of the world's leading designer, manufacturers and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers, with approximately 78.000 team members working at more than 300 sites worldwide. Through our four business groups, Motorparts, Ride Performance, Clean Air and Powertrain, Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering technology solutions for diversified global markets, including light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial, motorsport and the aftermarket.
We are looking for a Designer to join our team in Napoleon, OH. The Designer creates or modifies designs, models and detail drawings/bill of materials as required for assigned projects. Provide technical support for product development and engineering.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Responsible for the preparation of designs, models and detail drawings, demonstrating leadership and providing technical guidance for the projects assuring that they are in conformance with divisional standards and customer requirements.
- Maintain expert knowledge of the CAD and computer systems, developing and establishing programs design guidelines and standards. Assist in the training and development of other department employees.
- Provide assistance and technical support in the development, implementation, and interpretation of standards and procedures for continuous improvement in product designs, Manufacturing, and Drafting.
- Assist in the administrative duties of the department, regarding record retention of CAD data, as well as technical information, and customer collaborations.
- Associate Degree in Engineering Technology or related field required
- 3 years CAD experience preferred but not required.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Preferred Unigraphics (NX) experience. Other experience will be considered, with a willingness to learn the Unigraphics (NX) system.
- Working knowledge of drafting skills, CAD and PC applications.
- Demonstrate skills in English / metric conversions, have mathematical competency in algebra/geometry/trigonometry and knowledge and experience with GD&T.
- Ability to interact with Designers, Engineers, and Marketing with good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability for occasional travel to plants/suppliers and to work overtime if required to support projects.
- Be a highly motivated individual with ability to work in a team environment.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.