FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers' lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy(NYSE: FE) is dedicated to safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,500 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, anda regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of3,780 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with FirstEnergy Service Co., a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [SC00]
What you'll do:
The Supervisor of the Web Development group in the Innovation & Digital Factory will lead a group of Java Web Developers creating new application features with business units across the company. The role leads their team members working in Agile squads through the application lifecycle, challenges technical constraints and removes barriers to product delivery.
This role will:
- Actively lead a high performing, empowered team that develops customer and employee centric solutions using modern digital technologies
- Provide daily leadership and guidance to web developers who support Customer web and a variety of External and Internal Web applications
- Advocate for a culture of sharing, re-use, design for scale stability, and operational efficiency of testing digital products
- Ensure a high level of reliability and availability for all solutions developed, while adhering to SOx controls, CIP regulations and internal policies like account and password management
- Ensure adherence to application development standards and governance
- Participate in the overall project planning for and resource balancing for the web team
- Lead architecture road mapping efforts to ensure a modern application development technology stack is maintained, including the use of Cloud technologies
- Perform quarterly check-in conversations with employees and provide coaching and feedback on performance, expectations, professional development, and career growth
- Ensure that the group follows IT change management procedures for product releases
- Champions FirstEnergy's Core Values & Behaviors through coaching and by personal example
- Support major incidents, project activities and support concerns off hours as required
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, or similar technology-focused study with 7 years of related experience required. In lieu of a degree, 9 years of related experience is required.
- Related experience includes but is not limited to: working on IT Development Projects as a developer / leader
- Strong aptitude for technology with previous experience as a developer or technical lead or architect with insight into the newest development technologies and trends, JAVA /.Net, Open-Source libraries / frameworks, Azure Dev Ops, and Azure Cloud Services
- Demonstrated knowledge of testing processes, standards, and best practices
- Role model of FirstEnergy's core values and behaviors; unwavering integrity and trustworthiness
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum development with DevOps methodologies geared toward rapid prototyping and piloting of cloud solutions
- Knowledge of ITIL concepts with a focus on configuration management, change management, and incident management
- Strong interpersonal, communications, presentation, training & mentoring skills
- Ability to observe employees, assess performance, and provide feedback
- Ability to plan for and support employees in career development opportunities
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle best practices, infrastructure monitoring and management
- Knowledge of developing operational plans, budgets, process, and roadmaps
- Knowledge of managing application security best practices
- Ability to work effectively across the organization with other IT and Business departments
- Experience in agile project management methods including milestones, progress status, proper documentation, and deliverables with the ability to prioritize
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team
FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a
disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.