Who We Are...
Since our founding in 1901, Limbach's primary core value has always been: We Care.
We Care about you as a person: your safety, career, development, and the local community.
We Care to impact diversity in construction to create a collaborative work environment focused on generating a sense of belonging and accomplishment.
Limbach Company LLC, a subsidiary of Limbach Holdings, Inc., (NASDAQ: LMB) is an integrated building systems solutions firm whose expertise is the design, installation, management, service, and maintenance of HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and control systems.
We engineer, construct, and service the mechanical, plumbing, air conditioning, heating, building automation, electrical and control systems in both new and existing buildings and infrastructure. We work for building owners in the private, not-for-profit, and public/government sectors.
Our vision is to create value for building owners targeting opportunities for long term relationships.
Our purpose is to create great opportunities for people.
We carry out our vision and purpose through a commitment to our four core values...
- We Care
- We Act with Integrity
- We Are Innovative
- We Are Accountable
Who You Are...
As part of Limbach's internship program, the Construction Intern will be responsible for assisting the construction department with the development and execution of construction project work.
Some examples of the work you might do includes:
- Assists in the operational review of mechanical estimates.
- Works with Project Managers and Project Engineers to complete the submittal process.
- Partners with Project Managers and Project Engineers to perform project accounting tasks.
- Learns to track efficiency and productivity of field work.
- Attends project meetings, both in-company and with owners, with department staff.
- Helps with the scheduling of contracts and materials for given projects.
- Performs basic document control tasks to assist with appropriate content and accuracy.
- Assists field personnel and performs other related duties as assigned.
What You Need...
- College student pursuing a degree in Construction, Engineering, or a related field.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing) with diverse audiences.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer skills, with the willingness to learn business and industry-specific systems.
- Previous construction or related industry internship or co-op experience.
- Maintains appropriate Company confidentiality at all times.
- Protects the assets of the Company and ethically upholds the Code of Conduct & Ethics in all situations.
- Cultivates and promotes the "Hearts & Minds" safety culture.
- Consistently exemplifies the Core Values of the Company (we CARE, we act with INTEGRITY, we are INNOVATIVE, and we are ACCOUNTABLE).
- This position operates primarily in an office environment, and routinely utilizes standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, copiers, and printers.
- Work duties may also necessitate visits to/walk throughs of local job sites, which means intermittent exposure to outside weather and conditions/hazards typically associated with a construction site.
- In performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, perform repetitive motion, and possess an appropriate degree of both visual acuity and manual dexterity.
- This is considered a sedentary position, which means possible exertion up to ten (10) pounds of force occasionally, and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by the individual who assumes this role, not an exhaustive list of responsibilities. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice, as business needs dictate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Limbach Facility Services LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.