Recovery is possible with OhioGuidestone. A leader in the field of behavioral health with a history dating back to 1864, we address the needs of the whole person, helping them reset their paths, reclaim their autonomy and restore their purpose. OhioGuidestone connects individuals with the resources needed to achieve lifelong success, providing community counseling, substance use disorder treatment, workforce development training, early childhood mental health services, psychiatric care and more.
OhioGuidestone is seeking a qualified individual to join our training team! We're a growing behavioral health agency located all across Ohio. We offer an amazing support system, education bonuses and incentives, and much more! Full-time employees may be eligible for Public Student Loan Forgiveness.
This part-time, opportunity may include some travel and remote work!! We are looking for individuals who interested in 4-12 hours per month providing training in Red Cross first aide and/or Our Promise or other orientation course as needed/interested.
Check out the top reasons to work at OhioGuidestone! -> HERE!
- Responsible for conducting all required agency training courses and maintaining proper certification as a trainer in these areas. Responsible for providing training as assigned sessions or finding a suitable substitute if unable to train.
- Attends regular training meetings, actively contributing to improve the training experience.
- Obtaining sign-in forms from attendees. Disseminating paperwork and ID badges as needed by the Training and Human Resource departments.
- Responsible for appropriate set up of training areas, and the availability of adequate supplies. Also responsible for the maintenance of training equipment including manikins and other required materials. May be responsible for maintaining inventory of needed supplies and organization of supply area.
- Assist in administrative duties as assigned, include training record keeping, registration, and reporting of training participation and activities.
- Maintain positive and professional presence as a member of the administrative staff of OhioGuidestone. Assist employees with questions and direct employees to the appropriate contacts within the agency.
- Maintain compliance with licensing requirements for training sessions presented.
- Maintains regular and reliable attendance.
- May be involved in the planning, organization, and implementation of special events or department specific projects or seasonal program changes.
- Exhibit positivity, flexibility and a willingness to take on new responsibilities as requested or required.
- Demonstrate positive leadership, promote a team-based work environment and present the agency in the most positive light with all internal and external contacts.
- Much of this job is spent teaching required classes - involves standing, demonstrating points and procedures both verbally and physically. Bending, stooping, walking and lifting of 40+ lbs. required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Training Assistants must be able to perform and teach CPR, Physical Restraint Techniques, and First Aid. This involves lifting manikins, bending, kneeling, and dexterity.
- Interacts verbally with coworkers, representatives from outside agencies.
- Must be free of communicable diseases when training.
- On-site training locations are throughout the state. Travel to the various sites, approximately once per week on average, is required. Training must be provided at all assigned locations.
- Virtual training requires the proficient use of telecommunication technology and ability to establish positive relationships through virtual communication means.
- Maintains a positive, professional presence and ensures agency and client confidentiality.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must have a valid Ohio Driver's License with a safe driving record and valid insurance
At OhioGuidestone we care about the health and safety of our employees. OhioGuidestone requires applicants to complete a pre-employment screening process upon receipt of an offer of employment. We require and cover the cost of a fingerprint background screening, physical, Tuberculosis test, and drug screen after an employment offer is made. Any employment offer is contingent upon receipt of all satisfactory pre-employment screenings.
Committed to creating a more diverse community, we encourage candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply. EEO/M/F/H/V #IND1
- Ability to take and pass a physical exam, tuberculosis test, and drug screening