There are no direct reports to this position.
PURPOSE & EXPECTATIONS
The purpose of this position is to provide direct and indirect support to manufacturing and other related departments. Activities include performing repair and preventative maintenance to injection molding machines, auxiliary equipment and facility related systems in a timely, efficient and safe manner. Maintenance Technician must have a working knowledge of a variety of maintenance disciplines including hydraulics, mechanical and electrical, as well as having the ability to use special test instruments in order to perform complex trouble shooting. Use of accepted systematic problem solving and trouble shooting skills is essential in resolution of maintenance problems. Maintenance Technician is expected to ensure that machines and equipment operate in a safe manner and in compliance with all safety-related regulations and within OEM specifications. Maintenance Technicians are expected to perform all activities in a safe manner and to report any safety concerns. Work areas are to be maintained in a clean and efficient manner. Maintenance Technician is responsible for working within the guidelines of Flambeau Inc., Madison GA's Business Management System. There may be other duties and responsibilities expected that are too numerous and varied to describe in this format.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Diagnose and resolve maintenance problems in a systematic, documented manner.
- Perform routine maintenance related corrective actions on equipment and facilities.
- Perform emergency maintenance activities as needed.
- Document work performed using appropriate systems.
- Design and fabrication of special equipment as needed.
- Order appropriate maintenance related items including parts and materials.
- Observes and follow all safety Rules and LOTO Procedures
- Use and maintain proper record keeping systems.
- Acceptable attendance record.
- Sitting, standing or walking for periods up to two hours at a time.
- Reaching, feeling, handling or grasping,
- Lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling 40 pounds or less.
- Working seated at desk/computer terminal up to eight hours at a time.
- Performing duties that may require awkward body positions at times.
- Ability to properly distinguish colors and shades of colors.
ENVIRONMENTAL & WORKING CONDITIONS
- Inside or outside work, possible temperature extremes, potentially cramped work areas, possible dirty/oily conditions at times.
- Hand tools
- Power tools
- Lifting equipment, manual and motorized
- Specialized/custom tools
- Metal working tools
- Complex trouble shooting and test equipment
- Pick up truck
- Personal protective equipment as required.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Fundamental knowledge of plastic injection molding processing and materials.
- Fundamental knowledge of maintenance disciplines including, but not limited to hydraulics, electrical, mechanical, pneumatic.
- Effective communication skills.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to follow all company work rules, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Two-year technical degree related to maintenance or equivalent work experience preferred.
Applicants will be required to submit to a drug screen after an employment offer has been made. The employment offer is contingent on receiving negative test results. The use of any tobacco product is prohibited in the manufacturing/warehouse areas and only in designated break area. All associates must be fit for duty when reporting for any activities that are paid for by Flambeau Inc., Madison GA. If there is a reasonable suspicion as to an individual's fitness for duty, that individual may be asked to submit to a drug screen or medical examination or both. Any refusal to cooperate under a reasonable suspicion situation, will place the associate into corrective discipline which may include discharge.
WAGES & BENEFITS
Wages and benefits are determined by current company policies in effect.