Avient Corporation (NYSE: AVNT), with 2021 revenues of $4.8 billion, provides specialized and sustainable material solutions that transform customer challenges into opportunities, bringing new products to life for a better world. Examples include:
- Unique technologies that improve the recyclability of products and enable recycled content to be incorporated, thus advancing a more circular economy
- Light-weighting solutions that replace heavier traditional materials like metal, glass and wood, which can improve fuel efficiency in all modes of transportation and reduce carbon footprint
- Sustainable infrastructure solutions that increase energy efficiency, renewable energy, natural resource conservation and fiber optic / 5G network accessibility
Avient employs approximately 8,400 associates and is certified ACC Responsible Care, a founding member of the Alliance to End Plastic Waste and certified Great Place to Work. For more information, visit .
Reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Global Tax Compliance, this is a key role responsible for holistically supporting the tax life cycle for domestic planning, provisions, compliance, and audits, as well as creating collaborative relationships with the domestic business and finance teams.
- Assist in the completion of the Company's federal and state and local income and franchise tax filings, including the R&D tax credit, GILTI, FDII
- Assist with domestic tax audit defense including responding to auditor information requests and completing tax analyses
- Assist with tax research and planning involving federal and state & local income taxes
- Assist with our co-sourced state and local indirect tax compliance process
- Assist with ASC 740 analysis
- Assist with documentation and testing of internal controls as required by Sarbanes Oxley
- Assist with M&A due diligence and post-acquisition tax integration
- Provide tax support to local Avient teams, and manage external advisors
- Demonstrate proficiency in gathering data from HFM and SAP, preparing complex Excel-based tax models, drafting legal, tax, finance and business step plans in PowerPoint with tax technical analysis and demonstrating attention to detail in the review of legal documents
- Ability and desire to manage, train and develop team members in the future as we continue to grow
- Work with the business and corporate departments to make decisions and drive value for the Company
- Other duties as assigned *LI-CB1
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting with CPA preferred or in the process of acquiring, or a JD
- 3+ years' minimum relevant experience
- Some prior experience in US GAAP income tax accounting (ASC 740)
- Experience with HFM and SAP a plus
- Experience in US domestic income tax compliance
- Critical thinking and the ability to "own" responsibilities in a fast-paced environment focused on results
- Strong software skills and ability to gather and analyze financial data for tax modeling, provision, and compliance purposes
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
- Each position at Avient focuses on eight Core Competencies as a Leader of Self. Additionally, management positions focus on Leadership Competencies as a Leader of Others and/or a Leader of the Business. These competencies are designed to drive behavior that will ultimately help our associates excel at their current roles, while supporting individual and career development.
At Avient, we strive for a culture of trust and engagement. Our associates are leading company initiatives such as Lead by Women, HYPE (Harnessing Young Professionals), Pride at Avient and Embrace to advance diversity in professional and personal development. We also provide our associates with robust development programs such as Avient Academy, Lean Six Sigma, and various leadership workshops to allow for career growth in a variety of ways. With workplace flexibility, health and wellness programs, casual dress days, and paid time off for community service, we are committed to building upon our positive momentum.
At Avient, we believe diversity of ideas and backgrounds gives us the creativity to be successful in a rapidly changing world. In support of this, we stress equality of opportunity for all qualified individuals in accordance with applicable laws. Decisions in hiring, promotion, development, compensation and advancement are based upon non-discriminatory factors such as, for example, qualifications, abilities, experience and performance.
Avient Corporation is a drug free workplace. Avient is an equal opportunity employer. We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran's status, or other legally protected classification in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law.