$2000.00 Sign On Bonus for all new hires!!!!
Join Our Family, Build Your Career!
SanMar Corporation has been family-owned since 1971. Based in Issaquah, WA, we are an award-winning, national supplier of 21 retail, private label and mill brands. We supply apparel and accessories to screen printers, embroiderers, promotional products distributors, athletic dealers, industrial launderers and more -- whether they are outfitting a Fortune 500 corporation or the local bowling team. SanMar's success and growth can be attributed to one thing - outstanding employees who provide superior services and products to our customers. We promote a culture that acknowledges the importance of a healthy work-life balance, recognizing that happy and relaxed employees make better ambassadors for SanMar. We encourage initiative and participation by creating a casual environment that taps your full potential as an employee.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
An equipment operator must strive to safely and efficiently locate product and manually pull and transport product to various departments and/or locations. The operator may also process the slow bay portion of customer orders throughout the production day and restock product into bins. These functions are completed by direction of a voice or radio frequency (RF) unit.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
REQUIREMENTS FOR POSITION:
- Maintain safe, neat and clean work area by adhering to SanMar safety regulations.
- Responsible for checking out equipment and returning in same condition on a daily basis.
- Inspect assigned equipment daily at start of shift.
- Operate powered lift equipment to move product and materials as needed.
- Use Radio Frequency (RF) unit in combination with Internal Operating System to perform daily work.
- Load, unload, move, stack and stage product by following standard operating procedures.
- Restock, pick, and pack product for customer orders by following standard operating procedures.
- Read and comprehend labels and other worksheets by following standard operating procedures.
- Meet minimum production and accuracy standards and delivery deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Complete and maintain SanMar's Lift Operator Certification in compliance with OSHA guidelines.
- Demonstrates ability to follow directions and change priorities or job duties as business needs require; rotate to other production functions as needed.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to learn Internal Operating System and operate Radio Frequency (RF) unit.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high-volume environment while meeting deadlines.
- Able to work both independently and within a team.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Comprehend verbal and written instructions.
- Mandatory overtime as required, which may include weekends.
- Prior lift operator experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to read, write and have sufficient ability to identify colors, sizes, quantity, label and SKU information.
- Basic math skills in counting and quantity required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to walk and stand. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 60 pounds, reaches with hands and arms, grasps and performs repetitive hand, wrist and arm motions and is required to climb, kneel/squat, bend and carry. The employee operates powered equipment requiring use of both hands to drive vehicles as well as full range of motion of the neck, head and back. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus Basic literacy is required for lift certification and necessary daily paperwork. The employee must be comfortable working at heights in excess of thirty feet off the ground.
Work environment is moderately noisy. The employee is occasionally required to work near conveyor systems. There is exposure to dust and changes in weather conditions. Employee must be able to work in a high-volume, high-demand environment while meeting strenuous customer deadlines. Employee must be able to change priorities or job duties as needed and interact with employees at all levels and be able to operate powered equipment safely in a high-traffic environment.
If you are a service oriented person who would enjoy working for a company that provides a dynamic, family-oriented environment, this is the perfect opportunity for you! There aren't many other companies out there like us, so don't miss out, apply today, and learn what over 3,000 employees have come to know as "The SanMar Difference!"
SanMar provides opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
SanMar participates in E-Verify.
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Flexible spending program
- Anniversary rewards
- Discounts on brand name apparel
- Diverse, laid-back atmosphere
- Flexible schedules
- Monthly employee events