Avient Corporation (NYSE: AVNT), with expected 2021 revenues of $4.6 to $4.7 billion, provides specialized and sustainable material solutions that transform customer challenges into opportunities, bringing new products to life for a better world. Examples include:
- Barrier technologies that preserve the shelf-life and quality of food, beverages, medicine and other perishable goods through high-performance materials
- Light-weighting solutions that replace heavier traditional materials which can improve fuel efficiency in all modes of transportation
- Breakthrough technologies that minimize wastewater and improve the recyclability of materials and packaging across a spectrum of end uses
Avient employs approximately 8,400 associates and is certified ACC Responsible Care, a founding member of the Alliance to End Plastic Waste and certified Great Place to Work. For more information, visit .
At Avient, we strive for a culture of trust and engagement. Our associates are leading company initiatives such as Lead by Women, HYPE (Harnessing Young Professionals), Pride at Avient and Embrace to advance diversity in professional and personal development. We also provide our associates with robust development programs such as Avient Academy, Lean Six Sigma, and various leadership workshops to allow for career growth in a variety of ways. With workplace flexibility, health and wellness programs, casual dress days, and paid time off for community service, we are committed to building upon our positive momentum.
At Avient, we believe diversity of ideas and backgrounds gives us the creativity to be successful in a rapidly changing world. In support of this, we stress equality of opportunity for all qualified individuals in accordance with applicable laws. Decisions in hiring, promotion, development, compensation and advancement are based upon non-discriminatory factors such as, for example, qualifications, abilities, experience, and performance.
The Inside Sales Representative, is responsible for the development, management, and expansion of an assigned sales account base across multiple Avient businesses and solutions. The primary objective is to provide value to the customers in the assigned sales territory while achieving profitable growth. Individuals in this position build relationships with global partners both externally at the customer level and internally with channel partners and teammates. Inside Sales Representatives embody a positive attitude, are adaptable, and make sound business decisions; they are eager to learn, open to taking on new challenges, and strive for continuous development. Inside Sales Representatives leverage strong communication skills to engage their customers across phone, video conference calls, and email channels. The Inside Sales Representative will utilize best of breed technology platforms to proactively plan, manage, and track customer engagements, opportunities, and campaigns.
This position is be based in Avon Lake, OH.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver profitable revenue growth and achieve gross margin targets as a percentage of sales within the assigned sales territory.
- Support the creation of an effective territory growth and management plan to ensure appropriate customer coverage and time for new business development activity.
- Acquire new customers via cold calling or warm lead follow-up including the reactivation of lost customers.
- Meet assigned Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and outbound activity efforts, including telesales calls and new opportunity development.
- Prompt follow up and engagement with customers and internal partners who include, but are not limited to, customer service, product management, credit, technology, and pricing to keep projects progressing.
- Approach customers with a high degree of professionalism.
- Assist with collection of accounts receivables and avoidance of bad debts when necessary.
- Maintain accurate customer information within internal systems such as company Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
- Build and leverage business relationships across the Inside Sales organization, greater Avient Corporation, suppliers, and strategic partners.
- Work both directly and cooperatively with channel partners to close business based on customer's purchasing requirements.
- Provide feedback for the creation and execution of appropriate marketing and sales promotions.
- Travel as needed to maintain and grow assigned accounts.
- Serve as the primary company contact for assigned accounts.
- May periodically serve as a company representative in market and customer-facing events, such as tradeshows, key customer visits and other promotional settings.
- Contributes to the company's planning of both long- and short-term business objectives. This will include periodic and annual sales forecasts as well as the setting of sales goals.
- Other duties as assigned. *LI-CB1
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree with a preference for applicable work experience.
- Experience managing an international customer base and general understanding of incoterms preferred
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong motivation for driving sales results and working in a position of high organization exposure.
- Ability to exercise discretion with respect to specific selling activities.
- Professional presence, including excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and creative problem solving for translating customer needs into solutions.
- Must have excellent relationship building skills and enjoy service-oriented work.
- Ability to learn, understand and communicate the technical aspects of product line.
- Ability to manage a sales pipeline to effectively win business and drive profitable sales growth through active remote selling.
- Efficiency and accuracy utilizing internal IT systems.
- Experiencing using a CRM system - Salesforce preferred.
- Self-motivated and high energy.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills, proficiency with MS Word & Excel preferred; SAP experience preferred.
- Enjoys autonomous work environment.
- Experience managing an international customer base and general understanding of incoterms preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical and environmental demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Requires remaining in a stationary position for prolonged periods of time, and frequent communication.
- Must be able to traverse and operate computer and other office equipment.
- Typical work is in an office environment where the noise level is low to moderate.
Avient Corporation is a drug free workplace. Avient is an equal opportunity employer. We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran's status, or other legally protected classification in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law.