Business Unit Overview
Bob Evans Farms operates in multiple convenience foods categories within grocery and club. It holds #1 market positions in three major categories. This winning brand has been experiencing strong growth, a trend it's expecting to continue mostly through its leadership in the refrigerated dinner and breakfast categories. In addition to its flagship Bob Evans brand, the Bob Evans Farms portfolio proudly includes Owens, Simply Potatoes, Egg Beaters, Davidson's and Pineland Farms. Bob Evans Farms products are distributed nationally in retailers throughout North America. This includes national grocery chains like Kroger, Safeway, Whole Foods Market, and SuperValu; mass merchants Target and Walmart; as well as club stores and via e-commerce.
This role functions as a critical piece of the BEF Quality and Food Safety Excellence leadership team. Reporting to the VP of QFSE - this role has accountability for implementation and continuous improvement of validated programs for management of quality, food safety and regulatory compliance. The role is based in the company headquarters in New Albany Ohio.
- Develop Strategic roadmap of projects and activities in line with QFSE vision and business priorities
- Drive continuous improvement in Quality management system -the systems, processes and capabilities involved in Product design (innovation & renovation), Specification development, Supplier management, distribution and customer and consumer interface.
- Build and expand technical and functional capability of the QFSE organization to support decision making in the management of Quality, Food safety and regulatory Compliance.
- Provide technical support and solutions for situations or challenges involving Quality, Food safety and regulatory Compliance.
- Build and lead a high performing team in support of BEF and its growth.
- Engage with Stakeholders to develop internal processes and ways of working that integrate QFSE into the E2E operations and functions
- Develop and maintain a management review process for QFSE function as part of the quality management system.
- Advanced degree (MS, Ph.D) in a field that ensures a high level of understanding of Food Science & food safety principles.
- Experience in Food Manufacturing (minimum of 10 years) - with a broad understanding of Industry standards and best practices
- Advanced expertise in Quality management systems & analytics.
- Familiarity with Regulations governing food safety and quality of BEF product portfolio. Certified in HACCP & PCQI.
- Adept at remote learning and communicating technical subject matter.
- Experience in working in a cross-function matrix organization
- High degree of organizational agility and ability for cross functional influence
- Highly collaborative and solution oriented with a 'customer service' mindset.
- Excel in Communicating technical topics to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to drive for results by disciplined use of risk-based prioritization.
- Ability to lead a mixed team of technical and non-technical members remotely
- 30% travel
- Must be able to access & inspect work in heights (ladders, skyjacks etc.), dimly lit/foggy spaces, or hard to access areas (underside of equipment) etc. i.e. where the team works
- Must be able to follow GMP and safety policies and procedures
Bob Evans Foods is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or a physical or mental disability.