At Baker Hughes, we are building a Talent Community of highly talented and motivated professionals for future job roles. If you match the described job role and are as excited as we are to have you on-board in the future, please hit the apply button to be a part of our Talent Community.
As a member of our talent community, you will be amongst the first to get exclusive news about Baker Hughes, various cool projects we are working on, our employee success stories, and new job opportunities you may be interested in.
The Physicist designs and develops radiation detection sensors and system designs to meet stringent customer (and/or) product specifications.
In the role of Physicist, you will:
* Work on engineering team to develop new products and support current products for Nuclear and Industrial Sensors Product Lines.
* Provide support for all existing radiation detectors.
* Set-up and conduct experiments/tests using radiological sources for the purpose of evaluating performance.
* Generate innovative ideas for new products or product enhancements for radiation detection systems.
* Coordinate multiple project tasks with the product Engineering Team Lead.
* Work directly with the respective Product Line Leader, Quality and Manufacturing Teams to ensure products meet internal requirements, start to finish, and provide for continued growth of the product line.
* Foster creative environment allowing for new ideas while embracing speed and excellence.
* Bachelor's degree in Physics or Nuclear Engineering with an emphasis on radiation detection.
* Three years' industry experience.
* Master's degree in Physics or Nuclear Engineering with an emphasis on radiation detection.
* Experience in designing products for harsh environments (nuclear environment).
* Hands-on test experience as applied to failure and root cause analysis.
* Experience with a CAD package (SolidWorks preferred).
* Familiarity with SAP or similar ERP system.
* Results-oriented self-starter with a track record of delivering results.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all organizational levels.
*Please remember that joining the Talent Community is not an application for any specific job at Baker Hughes but to have the privilege of being considered for an opportunity that suits your profile on priority.