ASR Group is the world's largest refiner and marketer of cane sugar, with an annual production capacity of more than 6 million tons of sugar. The company produces a full line of grocery, industrial, food service and specialty sweetener products. Across North America, ASR Group owns and operates six sugar refineries, located in Louisiana, New York, California, Maryland, Canada and Mexico. In the European Union, the company owns and operates sugar refineries in England, Portugal. ASR Group also owns and operates mills in Mexico and Belize. The company's brand portfolio includes the leading brands Domino, C&H, Redpath, Tate & Lyle, Lyle's and Sidul.
The Lead Operator is responsible for assisting the shift supervisor with bulk packet and stick production by assuring machine setup, materials staging, basic maintenance and PM, and documentation is complete and correct. Additionally they will assist with training and qualification of operators.
ROBUST BENEFIT PACKAGE:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability insurance
- Pet insurance
- Critical care insurance
- Accident insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k with match
- Quarterly bonus program
- Vacation - start with 3 weeks/ calendar year
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick time
- Training & career growth opportunities
- Plus, more!
DETAILED ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for calculating and setting machine controls to regulate machine factors.
- Expected to be able to operate multiple bulk packets or stick packaging machines when necessary
- Detects machine malfunctions and adjusts appropriately.
- Performs basic maintenance, PM and inspections on equipment.
- Partners with maintenance and production personnel to resolve operational issues.
- Assists supervisor(s) in distributing workload and labor assignments
- Responsible for driving performance and accountability
- Trains new hires and current employees
- All other duties as assigned
- Proven ability to successfully meet customer and management deadlines.
- Proven ability to lead a team and demonstrate conflict resolution
- Results-oriented, process improvement focused.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally to achieve outstanding results.
- Strong technical aptitude with experience in manufacturing.
- Highly organized, self-starter that can work with little direct supervision.
- Experience leading a department or shift preferred.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent experience required
- This position assists the Production Supervisor in supervising/leading department operations
ESSENTIAL CAPABILITIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES)
- Strong critical reasoning skills with the ability to identify and solve problems.
- Microsoft office and PC skills
- Ability to make sound decisions regarding resource utilization and needs.
- Aptitude for teambuilding and employee engagement.
- Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
LOCATION OF ROLE
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.