Note: By applying to this position, your application is automatically submitted to our Summer Internship Program openings in over 140 locations throughout the U.S
TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960's, is a national engineering and environmental consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in industry and government, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC is seeking a highly motivated and diverseTechnical Interns(STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)for our Summer 2022 intern program. This is a paid full-time position. Anticipated duration will be from June through August 2022 (flexible). This position has thepotential to transition into a Full-Time role upon graduation. The successful candidate will work under the supervision of Project Managers and Team Leaders and partner with engineers, scientists, and technologists.
Our Technical Interns:
- Experience a broad variety of environmental engineering assignments including soil, soil gas, and groundwater sampling and remediation; feasibility study development and analysis; remedy design; remedy implementation; operation, maintenance, and monitoring.
- Perform construction oversight and documentation.
- Prepare work plans and proposals.
- Perform calculations and engineering evaluations.
- Interpret and present data.
- Review and prepare reports, conceptual designs, and detailed construction plans and specifications.
- Perform other environmental engineering tasks such as the development of Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure (SPCC), Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP), and Response Activity Plans.
- This is a full-time, paid position
- Anticipated duration will be from June through August 2022 (flexible)
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Pursuing Bachelor or Associate Degree in Environmental Engineering or other Engineering/Environmental Science degree with Environmental focus.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Self-motivated and detail-orientated
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Willing and able to perform outdoor field sampling activities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with engineering software applications (AutoCad, MathCad, ESRI, HydroCad, WaterCad, ARCView GIS, etc.) is preferred but not required
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation package dependent upon level of education, technical capabilities, and market conditions. A 401k plan with a company match is also available. For more information please visit our website at
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled