Provides on the job education and training. Providing opportunities to gain experience in the field of study. Performs assignments with standardized processes. Works under direct supervision. Resolves questions and problems within established standards and guidelines. Follows established procedures to accomplish requirements of job.
- Assist skilled craft workers in a variety of electrical maintenance, repair, or construction work by furnishing and using simple tools, material and supplies.
- May assemble tools, supplies, materials, and equipment and assists in maintaining them in serviceable condition.
- Assist and support the department and team members by following directions and instructions and responding to routine inquiries.
- File, sort and arrange documents, correspondence or other materials.
- Prepare, update or draft drawings, letters, reports, vouchers, receipts, permits, lists, schedules, etc.
- Clean work area machines.
- Assist in machine and equipment operations
- Prepare simple reports or keeps maintenance records, and other routine duties in various craft trades and other occupations.
- High School Diploma/GED And .
- Currently pursuing a Certificate of Completion from a Vocational Trade Institution, Associate's Degree or higher in a Technical discipline (i.e., Electronics, Engineering Technology, Power Plant Operations, etc.)..
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively in speech and writing with members at all levels throughout the organization and outside professionals.
- Self-motivated and takes initiative
- Ability to diagnose problems, determine nature, symptoms and causes of trouble from evidence available and take corrective action or communicates symptoms to others.
- Ability to effectively use a personal computer with MS Office Suite and related applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and SAP).
- Ability to be an effective member of a team
- May Require to travel to various job sites and facilities occasionally requiring staying overnight.
- May work non-standard hours or overtime as needed.
- Required to work in both an office environment and outside weather conditions.
- **Physical Demands**
- Frequently Standing
- Frequently Walking
- Occasionally Sitting
- Frequently Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Frequently Carrying up to 50 pounds
- Frequently Pushing up to 90 pounds
- Frequently Pulling up to 90 pounds
- Frequently Climbing
- N/A Balancing
- Frequently Stooping
- Frequently Kneeling
- Frequently Crouching
- Occasionally Crawling
- Frequently Reaching
- N/A Handling
- Frequently Grasping
- N/A Feeling
- N/A Talking
- N/A Hearing
- Occasionally Repetitive Motions
- Frequently Eye/Hand/Foot Coordination
- For additional information about physical demands, go to oge.com/physical demands
Special Safety Requirements:
- This position is a classified as a Safety-Sensitive Job under state law. Individuals in this position are subject to the terms and conditions set forth in OGE Energy Corp.'s Drug Testing Plan.