The Marketing Intern serves as a resource for the marketing departments at McKenney's by supporting all marketing projects, initiatives and disciplines including digital marketing, advertising, communication, administrative support, database management, design, content, event coordination and customer experience.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Provide support to the Marketing Department in various projects including preparation of marketing materials, press releases, event coordination and office management. Support internal content development for collateral such as brochures, flyers, social media posts, advertisement, and emailers.
* Assist with marketing and customer campaigns as needed, including mailings, digital marketing pieces and promotional items.
* Help organize data, pull reports for web analytics, coordinate project schedules and conduct vendor or product searches.
* Responsible for fulfilling helpdesk requests from internal customers.
* Help manage existing promotional items through inventory tracking, order processing and fulfillment, and restocking as well as research and orders for new items.
* Work with vendors, track orders, and go through the invoicing process.
* Assist in planning, organizing, set-up, execution and wrap-up of customer and department events and meetings.
* Maintain and organize all department materials, images, graphics, products and supplies either digitally or physically.
* Assist with project highlight (white paper) development, including content and feedback gathering.
* Assist in the proposal process, including drafting, editing/proofreading, production, printing, collating, and packaging.
* Participate in social listening (i.e., monitoring relevant market information for customers and competitors across all media channels) and creates briefing report of findings.
* Support the development of the internal newsletter.
* Coordinate the transactions, inventory management, vendor relationships for the McKenney's Store.
* Support with digital marketing and website management.
* Major in Marketing, Journalism or Business
* Knowledge and experience with MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite
* Social media/digital marketing experience
* Experience in the construction industry
* Strong preference for technology and innovation
* Salesforce experience
* Basic understanding of marketing principles
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND CHARACTERISTICS
* Detail oriented with the ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency, and meet challenging work goals with the ability to thrive in fast moving ambiguous environment.
* Ability to take on additional responsibilities as needed as well as determine and manage multiple priorities with minimal guidance.
* Must possess and maintain exceptional work ethic as well as uphold company values and demand the highest standard of conduct from self and others.
* Must project a professional and polished image that inspires confidence and trust.
* Must be a self-starter with the ability to work well as part of a team and independently.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Serious commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals and deadlines.
* Must be technology savvy, comfortable with data entry, and able to learn new software or technology quickly and effectively.
Moving Safety Forward, our initiative for continuous improvements in our safety culture, reminds us that we are on a journey toward a zero-incident culture. In all we do, we must work to build a partnership with our employees, customers and business associates that empowers them all with the ability to do their jobs safely.
McKenney's is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to age, color, religion, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, or gender identity. McKenney's is a smoke-free and drug-free workplace.