Business Unit Overview
Bob Evans Farms operates in multiple convenience foods categories within grocery and club. It holds #1 market positions in three major categories. This winning brand has been experiencing strong growth, a trend it's expecting to continue mostly through its leadership in the refrigerated dinner and breakfast categories. In addition to its flagship Bob Evans brand, the Bob Evans Farms portfolio proudly includes Owens, Simply Potatoes, Egg Beaters, Davidson's and Pineland Farms. Bob Evans Farms products are distributed nationally in retailers throughout North America. This includes national grocery chains like Kroger, Safeway, Whole Foods Market, and SuperValu; mass merchants Target and Walmart; as well as club stores and via e-commerce.
The Manager, IT Applications & Technical Services is responsible for managing a team of resources and all work-related activities associated with application development, data integration, EDI, and tech vendor management associated with applications managed by Bob Evans Farms. This individual will be responsible for the performance, technical quality, and functional delivery of key business systems including the Enterprise Job Scheduler (UC4), IT Services Management Application (Service-Now), Customer Relationship Management (MS Dynamics), Intranet Portal (MS SharePoint Online) and ERP and EDI systems. This individual will have the role of a key contributor to all system-related project work along with the management of ongoing configuration, development, break-fix and support activities of the supported applications. This position includes coordinating resources, assigning work to team members, and managing direct reports. Maintaining strong relationships with technology and business leaders is key, as it is critical for Bob Evans Farms IT to partner with other departments to understand business requirements and deliver solutions.
- Manages technical quality and delivery of enterprise-level application projects. Manages technical requirements definition, integration methods, development, testing and maintenance of application solutions and services.
- Manages Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) activities across BEF systems with external trading partners.
- Partners with Business Intelligence team to provide data models and mapping as needed to support operational reporting strategy and needs.
- Develops strong relationships with stakeholders within IT and the business.
- Manages technical work and projects leveraging established project management tools and techniques.
- Manages vendor relationships and enforces SLAs.
- Maintains a continuous improvement approach with managed service providers to optimize application performance and proactively avoid issues.
- Carries supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Prepares project work plans for assigned areas of applications and reporting.
- Works in conjunction with all IT and BEF policies.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent combination of education and IT experience.
- 5+ years of hands-on management of IT Applications with responsibilities covering ERP - Supply Chain areas, EDI, and Microsoft SharePoint Application.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in all phases of Application configuration management and working knowledge of SQL script writing.
- 3+ year of project management experience.
- Experience managing third-party service providers, including teams providing offshore support
- Experience with robust business-to-business platforms managing EDI transactions commonly used within the retail, consumer products, and grocery industries.
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and functional team members in addition to business managers.
- Strong Technical Background
- Ability to prioritize and demonstrate excellent time management.
- Ability to organize effectively, manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of IT service management, SDLC processes, Sarbanes-Oxley IT General Controls, and other IT policies and procedures.
Bob Evans Foods is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or a physical or mental disability.