ASR Group is the world's largest refiner and marketer of cane sugar, with an annual production capacity of more than 6 million tons of sugar. The company produces a full line of grocery, industrial, food service and specialty sweetener products. Across North America, ASR Group owns and operates six sugar refineries, located in Louisiana, New York, California, Maryland, Canada and Mexico. In the European Union, the company owns and operates sugar refineries in England, Portugal. ASR Group also owns and operates mills in Mexico and Belize. The company's brand portfolio includes the leading brands Domino, C&H, Redpath, Tate & Lyle, Lyle's and Sidul.
The Operator is responsible for tending a machine that performs one or more packaging functions such as filling, marking, labeling, banding, tying, packing, or wrapping containers by performing the following duties.
ROBUST BENEFIT PACKAGE:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability insurance
- Pet insurance
- Critical care insurance
- Accident insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k with match
- Quarterly bonus program
- Vacation - start with 3 weeks/ calendar year
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick time
- Training & career growth opportunities
- Plus, more!
DETAILED ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for machine start-up and observation of possible malfunctions
- Reports malfunctions to supervisor and makes minor adjustments or repairs (i.e. opening valves)
- Feeds product to conveyors, hoppers, or other feeding devices; performs all necessary actions to operate machine; unloads finished good.
- Performs quality control by inspecting filled containers to ensure product is packed to spec. and checking labels/stencils for correct lot number or shipping destination
- Completes all necessary paperwork
- Replenishes packaging supplies as necessary
- Open to cross-functional training in all areas of operation (ie. Clouds, Sanko, Can line, etcl)
- All other duties as assigned
- Food manufacturing experience preferred
- 1-3 years' experience in manufacturing or similar industry preferred
- Prior experience troubleshooting equipment
- Prior experience operating a forklift preferred
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent experience required
ESSENTIAL CAPABILITIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES)
- Must possess great attention to detail and the ability to multitask in a fast paced industrial environment
- Must be able to understand verbal and written English
- Must be able to continuously lift, bend, push, and pull up to 50 pounds
LOCATION OF ROLE
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.