As a planner/scheduler at Austin Powder, you will be part of the corporate supply chain team producing and distributing industrial explosive products and materials used in the quarrying, mining, oil and gas, seismic, and construction industries. The planner/scheduler is responsible for developing the schedules for Austin Powder manufacturing facilities to support field operations.
- Ensure customer orders, (both internal & external) are scheduled and communicated appropriately
- Work with logistic planners to ensure schedules are meeting customer requirements
- Resolve scheduling issues with manufacturing and field operations as necessary
- Participate in and support delivery initiatives and improvements
- Facilitate improvement of Austin Powder corporate transportation supply chain network by analyzing the transportation network and developing solutions for reducing freight cost and improving on-time delivery performance.
- Identify opportunities through product order consolidation and shipping optimization to drive down cost and improve efficiencies.
- Capture and report data on product shipping performance to ensure Austin Powder's preferred shippers of choice are meeting contract parameters.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, business or equivalent work experience in Logistic planning
- Production scheduling experience or experience in activities that have supported the scheduling activity for a minimum of 7-10 years
- Ability to demonstrate analytical skills, troubleshooting and strategic thinking
- Strong computer skills, advanced in Microsoft Office products including MS Excel such as working with formulas, data base tables, pivot charts, queries, custom functions, data management and analysis; Transportation Management System experience a plus.
- Possess strong attention to detail
- Ideal candidates enjoy hands-on, collaborative environments and are willing to seize opportunities to develop themselves.