Your Journey at Crowe Starts Here:
At Crowe, you have the opportunity to deliver innovative solutions to today's complex business issues. Crowe's accounting, consulting, and technology personnel are widely recognized for their in-depth expertise and understanding of sophisticated process frameworks and enabling technologies, along with their commitment to delivering measurable results that help clients build business value. Our focus on emerging technology solutions along with our commitment to internal career growth and exceptional client value has resulted in a firm that is routinely recognized as a "Best Place to Work." We are 75 years strong and still growing. Come grow with us!
Job Description:Job Description Summary
This position provides tax processing, and project support to the Tax business unit client services personnel. Work products and projects include tax processing, letters, reports, scanning and other client deliverables. This position will require extensive people, communication, organizational, technical and process skills, and the ability to continuously prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with a high level of focus on quality, accuracy and confidentiality in all work products. Position reports to the Tax Processing Lead
Tax Support Services
*Merge, E-file and process business and individual tax returns including printing, binding and assembly, utilizing firm determined processes and procedures and tracking systems to ensure all data is entered.
*Scan and autoflow individual and trust source documents into firm applications.
*Develop, format and edit letters, reports and other documents in Microsoft, Icertis (Contract Management System) applications.
*Create, edit and format .pdf files using Adobe Professional.
*Assist with contract entry support and document management and maintenance using Crowe systems and other applications including SharePoint.
*Use extensive knowledge of internal business practices and priorities to proactively respond to daily issues and requests as authorized, keeping them apprised of critical issues.
*Support various special projects from start to finish using Microsoft, database or web-based applications including working with others to ensure quality and timely completion.
*Utilize tracking systems to ensure all time and materials are recorded, project work and type are tracked, and project instructions and client interactions are fully documented.
*Support various projects from start to finish using Microsoft software and other firm systems or web-based applications including working with others to ensure quality and timely completion and document management.
- Five years or greater administrative and project work experience working in professional services and/or consulting firm environment is required. Tax processing experience preferred.
- College coursework in office or business administration or equivalent experience required. College degree preferred.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word and intermediate level of expertise in Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, Outlook and web-based applications are required.
- Ability to learn various other programs and applications as necessary and/or required.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting terminology is strongly preferred.
- Professional presence, positive attitude and exceptional customer service skills with the ability to build strong working relationships at all levels, internal and/or external to the organization.
- Effective verbal, written, listening and questioning skills and competency in grammar and high attention to detail to understand client's business needs while exercising a high level of confidentiality in all communications and work products.
- Effective planning and negotiation skills with ability to balance, multi-task and prioritize daily responsibilities and projects within established timeframes while leveraging others to support activities as needed.
- Strong project coordination, time management and analytical skills to identify and report trends and make recommendations in collaboration with others.
- Process oriented, highly organized, accurate, quality focused with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects to proactively respond and keep business leadership apprised of critical issues.
- Strong problem solving and technical troubleshooting skills with ability to apply logic to find solutions while learning and applying various ways in which to make revisions using software applications.
- Desire to leverage technology to solve business problems, and ability to guide others on use of software, tool and process.
- Agile and flexible with ability to demonstrate openness to new challenges, opportunities and continuous learning.
- High energy level with ability to function in fast-paced, high stress situations attributed to tight deadlines and multiple client needs.
- Ability to handle key assignments of confidential nature, exercise a high degree of discretion and maintain highly confidential information.
- Ability to build strong working relationships at all levels, work well independently and as part of a team with professional presence and focus on an exceptional client experience.
- Ability to understand and strictly adhere to the brand and quality standards and procedures established by Crowe.
Additional Qualifications a plus: Leadership and People Management
- Review deliverables and workflow of tax services specialist team to ensure adequate client support and coverage plans for continuity in services.
- Escalate issues with performance appropriately to Tax Processing Leadership
- Communications and client relationships with tax leadership and client services through seeking feedback and understanding evolving business support needs.
- Serve as contact for special projects and initiatives aligning resources based on skill, availability and interest.
- Resource to tax processing specialist team for questions, guidance and workflow management.
- Serve as an early adopter to new applications, systems and work tools to provide feedback and assist clients in acclimating to the new technologies.
- Serve as a technology champion and early adopter to new applications, systems and work tools to provide feedback and assist clients in acclimating to the new technologies.
- Able to work flexible hours and schedule based upon project work and peak busy times.
- Ability to work overtime as needed based on project schedules and peak business periods. Estimate an annual average of 10-15%overtime.
- Some light lifting, walking, standing and bending involved.
- Both on-site (Crowe office location) and off-site work (i.e. working from home office) will be required
- Ability to travel for training or meetings if needed.
- Reliable and dependable with an excellent attendance and punctuality record.
The Tax team at Crowe develops lasting relationships with clients by providing value, knowledge and strategy focus. As part of the Tax group, you will be part of a collaborative team with deep specialization. We use proactive approaches and innovative tax technology to provide high quality tax services to our clients. If you are committed to client excellence, want to be part of a growing organization and are looking to expand professionally, then is the place for you!
At Crowe, we know that great people is what makes a great firm. We value our people and offer employees a comprehensive benefits package. Learn more about what working at Crowe can mean for you!
How You Can Grow:
We will nurture your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. You will have the chance to meet on a consistent basis with your Career Coach that will guide you in your career goals and aspirations. Learn more about where talent can prosper!
More about Crowe:
Crowe (www.crowe.com) is one of the largest public accounting, consulting and technology firms in the United States. Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world. The network consists of more than 200 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 130 countries around the world.
Crowe LLP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.