Apex Tool Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Quality Engineer - Dayton, OH
The Quality Engineer position works directly with the
manufacturing and quality teams, analyzing manufacturing processes for
improvement using various methods of testing and inspection.
The Quality Engineer plans and directs all activities
related to the Quality Management System (QMS) for their area of
responsibility. These duties and activities include but are not limited to,
development, application and maintenance of quality standards for manufacturing
processes, materials, and products. Identify and assist in the elimination of the causes of poor processes,
scrap and rework which result in production delays and excessive costs.
- Develop, apply and maintain quality requirements and
standards for development and manufacturing products.
- Serve as the primary quality resource to department
supervisor(s) for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and
- Support concurrent engineering efforts by participating in
design development projects representing quality and the customer.
- Design and implement methods for process control, process
improvement, testing and inspection. Promote and execute quality standards,
inspection processes, test methodology, quality plans, documents and reports.
- Assist in process certification. Review customer purchase
orders, contracts and change requests and ensure that the necessary criteria
and provisions are included in quality and process plans.
- Develop, execute and analyze quality-reporting measures.
Report to management on quality issues, trends and losses.
- Review Apex purchase orders issued to suppliers and
establish supplier quality requirements.
- Participate in internal and external quality audits.
- Interface with supplier and customer quality representatives
concerning problems with quality and assure that effective corrective action is
- Serve as the quality representative to the Materials Review
Board (MRB). May compile, write and deliver training material on quality
standards and activities.
- Perform Internal audits as required
- Responsible for preparing shipping documentation (i.e. C of
C's, material reports, test reports, etc.) to accompany shipment of product to
customer as required
- Responsible for preparing FAI packages for submission to
customers for approval
- Initiate and complete corrective action requests for
customer and supplier deficiencies. Measure and improve external
- PPM rate
- Support purchasing function as needed regarding evaluation,
selection and monitoring of suppliers
- Working knowledge of gauge calibration and gauge management
- A working knowledge of SAP would be a plus
- Lead customer audits and address corrective actions with
ability to lead cross functional corrective action teams as required
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
- Five years combined experience in using advanced quality
tools in a manufacturing environment
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such
as blueprints, military, government and customer specifications and ISO/AS
procedure manuals and standards
- Full understanding and use of ANSI AQL sampling criteria and
- Experience with control plans, gage R&R, capability studies
and product/process validation
- Intermediate to advanced experience level with MS Office
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other related discipline
- Experience with CNC and manual machining operations
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer or Six Sigma Black belt certification
- Experience working with Suppliers
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Experience with APQP tools including FMEA
- Understanding of GD & T
At Apex Tool Group (www.apextoolgroup.com), we build innovation. Each day, our associates
strive to find new and exciting ways to help our customers solve their most
complex challenges. By harnessing our global resources, unprecedented insights
and spirit for service, we build more than just tools for the jobsite - we help
build the future.
ATG is a global manufacturer of hand and power tools, tool storage and accessories, chain, and electronic soldering solutions with more than $1.2 billion in annual revenues. Our 6,700 associates around the world have built powerhouse brands like GEARWRENCH, SATA, Crescent, Cleco, Weller and APEX. Our brands are trusted by the professional trades and DIY enthusiasts alike. With our roots dating back to the 1800's, our tools have driven technological advancements that drive efficiency, speed and safety for customers in a broad range of commercial and consumer markets.
As part of the ATG team, you will move fast, think globally, learn from your colleagues and grow your career. You'll enjoy competitive benefits, a healthy work/life balance and have opportunities to give back to the communities we serve.
Our six core values - Customers Come First, Integrity in All We Do, Continuous Improvement, Innovation for Growth, Passion to Succeed and Best Talent, One Team - drive our daily decisions. Connect with us on social media to learn more - Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
If your goal is to work where finding a better way never ends and your ideas become reality, join us and say #WeBuildATG!