Flambeau, Inc is a Plastics Manufacturer that has been established for 75 years. Flambeau offers a wide range of products and tooling solutions to businesses, professionals, hobbyists and enthusiasts all over the world. Flambeau is a Wisconsin based company with locations in multiple states including Ohio, Arizona, Georgia and Indiana with other locations in Mexico and the United Kingdom. Flambeau offers competitive wages, flexible schedules, a full package of benefits which include 401k, Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term disability, wellness program and an onsite clinic with free and low cost services to all Flambeau associates.
The Senior Project Engineer acts as a liaison between the customer and all internal departments to ensure that customer expectations are met with regard to cost, quality, delivery and service. This position will guide and manage programs for Design, Development, APQP and overall program success.
- Obtain information from the appropriate manufacturing, quality, internal engineering, customer engineering, purchasing and sales associates to provide the optimum proposal to the customer.
- Perform all cost estimating functions during the development cycle, establish all standards for each job, from material to process to production.
- Place all new tooling & fixture builds and be responsible for all mechanical design functions and tooling program management. Schedule all samples and provide support at all stages of the process. Communicate and document pertinent set-up and processing information to molding technicians.
- Update routings and BOM's to reflect engineering change requests; oversee updating of engineering print files & revisions to engineering prints, as well as reviewing and updating standards for accuracy and reducing manufacturing variances.
- Manage all programs assigned and provide status reports on all activities as directed.
- Provides proposals for annual continuous improvement and cost reduction opportunities.
- Responsible to disposition product for material review board sign off and establish corrective action as required.
- Interact with manufacturing personnel to establish standard processes to ensure customer expectations are being met, and to provide ongoing support for production requirements.
- Establishes all quality plans for each part (FMEA's, Control Plans, Work Instructions, Work Cell Layouts and PPAP's) and works as team leader with manufacturing & QA to obtain completed documents.
- Strives to obtain continuous education & maintenance of high level of education related to current and new tooling, machinery, materials and processing.
- Travel to customer and vendor locations or other Flambeau facilities.