Avient Corporation (NYSE: AVNT), with expected 2021 revenues of $4.6 to $4.7 billion, provides specialized and sustainable material solutions that transform customer challenges into opportunities, bringing new products to life for a better world. Examples include:
- Barrier technologies that preserve the shelf-life and quality of food, beverages, medicine and other perishable goods through high-performance materials
- Light-weighting solutions that replace heavier traditional materials which can improve fuel efficiency in all modes of transportation
- Breakthrough technologies that minimize wastewater and improve the recyclability of materials and packaging across a spectrum of end uses
Avient employs approximately 8,400 associates and is certified ACC Responsible Care, a founding member of the Alliance to End Plastic Waste and certified Great Place to Work. For more information, visit .
At Avient, we strive for a culture of trust and engagement. Our associates are leading company initiatives such as Lead by Women, HYPE (Harnessing Young Professionals), Pride at Avient and Embrace to advance diversity in professional and personal development. We also provide our associates with robust development programs such as Avient Academy, Lean Six Sigma, and various leadership workshops to allow for career growth in a variety of ways. With workplace flexibility, health and wellness programs, casual dress days, and paid time off for community service, we are committed to building upon our positive momentum.
At Avient, we believe diversity of ideas and backgrounds gives us the creativity to be successful in a rapidly changing world. In support of this, we stress equality of opportunity for all qualified individuals in accordance with applicable laws. Decisions in hiring, promotion, development, compensation and advancement are based upon non-discriminatory factors such as, for example, qualifications, abilities, experience, and performance.
Avient is seeking a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt. The Lean Six Sigma (LSS) Black Belt (BB) is a full time dedicated position responsible for leading complex, high value projects. The LSS BB is responsible for delivering the business value through effectively managing teams of Green Belts and Yellow Belts. The LSS BB will establish, coordinate and provide leadership for assigned Lean Six Sigma projects within the Color & Additives business. The position will require 20 to 60% travel.
- Lead Lean Six Sigma projects within the business unit and effectively coordinates these projects with the deployment champion and other improvement project teams.
- Project leadership includes identifying opportunities, defining and financially justifying projects, launching project teams, using good project management to manage team activities, leading teams to execute projects with the problem solving methodology, tracking project status and results, removing and elevating project barriers and developing team members.
- Identify integration issues with other projects/processes and coordinate the improvements with the appropriate project/process owners to accomplish the project goals.
- Manage the development and maintenance of methods and systems for measuring the degree to which the project goals, objectives and metrics are being met.
- Provide deployment champion with the results and recommend appropriate corrective action.
- Participate in the selection of Green Belts and Yellow Belts/Team Members into the Lean Six Sigma infrastructure and ensure continuing development of their skills.
- Provide coaching and direction to the Green Belts and Yellow Belts to ensure LSS methodologies are applied and projects are completed successfully.
- Ensure two way open communication throughout the organization for Lean Six Sigma. This includes keeping the Deployment Champion informed of program status and ensuring coordination of activities between other Black Belts.
- Capturing project lessons learned that can be reused for other projects.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required; preferred discipline (Plastics, manufacturing, mechanical or chemical engineering).
- 5 years relevant experience (Supply chain planning, manufacturing, process improvement, risk management, change management) required.
- Completion of Green belt and Yellow belt certifications
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Analytical. Demonstrated ability to gather and analyze large amounts of data
- Assertive, results oriented, self-starter, able to work independently and drive objectives through the team
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence and motivate others
- Each position at Avient focuses on eight Core Competencies as a Leader of Self. Additionally, management positions focus on Leadership Competencies as a Leader of Others and/or a Leader of the Business. These competencies are designed to drive behavior that will ultimately help our associates excel at their current roles, while supporting individual and career development.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to talk and/or hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a normal office environment. The individual will be required to work extensively at a computer screen and will, at time, sit at a desk for extended periods. After initial training period, position requires travel by car or plane up to 20% - 60% of the time. #LI-KF1
Avient Corporation is a drug free workplace. Avient is an equal opportunity employer. We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran's status, or other legally protected classification in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law.