Production Associate: 1st shift, Monday - Friday
$17/hr starting pay
$1500 Sign On BONUS, for select hourly positions!
Avient Corporation (NYSE: AVNT), with expected 2021 revenues of $4.6 to $4.7 billion, provides specialized and sustainable material solutions that transform customer challenges into opportunities, bringing new products to life for a better world. Examples include:
- Barrier technologies that preserve the shelf-life and quality of food, beverages, medicine and other perishable goods through high-performance materials
- Light-weighting solutions that replace heavier traditional materials which can improve fuel efficiency in all modes of transportation
- Breakthrough technologies that minimize wastewater and improve the recyclability of materials and packaging across a spectrum of end uses
Avient employs approximately 8,400 associates and is certified ACC Responsible Care, a founding member of the Alliance to End Plastic Waste and certified Great Place to Work. For more information, visit .
At Avient, we strive for a culture of trust and engagement. Our associates are leading company initiatives such as Lead by Women, HYPE (Harnessing Young Professionals), Pride at Avient and Embrace to advance diversity in professional and personal development. We also provide our associates with robust development programs such as Avient Academy, Lean Six Sigma, and various leadership workshops to allow for career growth in a variety of ways. With workplace flexibility, health and wellness programs, casual dress days, and paid time off for community service, we are committed to building upon our positive momentum.
At Avient, we believe diversity of ideas and backgrounds gives us the creativity to be successful in a rapidly changing world. In support of this, we stress equality of opportunity for all qualified individuals in accordance with applicable laws. Decisions in hiring, promotion, development, compensation and advancement are based upon non-discriminatory factors such as, for example, qualifications, abilities, experience, and performance.
- Avient has an excellent opportunity for a Production Associate in the Massillon facility.
- The Production Operator is responsible for the set up and operation of equipment which blends/mixes/packages/transports liquid or dry chemicals that comprise our customer products. Position ensures the highest quality product at the lowest possible costs while meeting customer specifications and delivery requirements in accordance with Avient Corporation policies and procedures.
- This position is on a day shift Monday through Friday.
- Essential Functions
- Sets up, starts and runs all machinery, checking all controls for adherence to operating/safety procedures and ISO standards.
- Weighs ingredients to meet recipe specification and inserts into machinery, or ensures the correct ingredients are delivered to the work area and inserts pre-blended materials into machinery.
- Monitors production and equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation. Troubleshoots equipment and processing issues.
- Operates machinery to mix, extrude/discharge or handle materials according to operating procedures.
- Examines materials visually or physically to ensure conformance with established standards.
- May take samples of materials to lab for evaluation and instructions on any batch adjustments if needed.
- Refers issues/problems to Production Lead or Production/Shift Supervisor for disposition.
- Performs all required machine cleaning.
- Completes and maintains all required system inputs/transactions. Responsible for data integrity.
- Documents work completed as required including logs, data reports, procedures, etc.
- Participates in training, retraining and continual improvement processes and methods.
- Follows and complies with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintains departmental housekeeping standards.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-2 years proven experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Experience in mixing/blending, plastic extrusion, colorants or additives environment is strongly preferred
- Fork Lift Experience - Required
- Willingness and ability to work overtime to support business needs
- Computer proficiency
- Strong math, measurement, and reading skills
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with others in a team environment
- Abilities in prioritization, multi-tasking and problem solving while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Each position at Avient focuses on eight Core Competencies as a Leader of Self. Additionally, management positions focus on Leadership Competencies as a Leader of Others and/or a Leader of the Business. These competencies are designed to drive behavior that will ultimately help our associates excel at their current roles, while supporting individual and career development.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk and/or hear. Occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 55 pounds and occasionally handle up to 250 pounds. Specific vision abilities may require close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Requires the use of safety equipment as dictated by the work area such as safety glasses and shoes, dust mask, hard hat, respirator, face shield, hearing protection, chemical suit, gloves, aprons, etc. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with the exception of high noise areas. Proper personal safety equipment needs to be used while performing this job and that equipment is dictated by the plant safety guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, dust, fumes, airborne particles, chemical dust, and risk of electric shock, vibration, non-hazardous chemical agents and outside weather conditions. Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
Avient Corporation is a drug free workplace. Avient is an equal opportunity employer. We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran's status, or other legally protected classification in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law.