Avient Corporation (formerly PolyOne Corporation), with 20 revenues of $3.8 billion, provides specialized and sustainable material solutions that transform customer challenges into opportunities, bringing new products to life for a better world. Examples include:
- Barrier technologies that preserve the shelf-life and quality of food, beverages, medicine and other perishable goods through high-performance materials that require less plastic
- Light-weighting solutions that replace heavier traditional materials like metal, glass and wood, which can improve fuel efficiency in all modes of transportation
- Breakthrough technologies that minimize wastewater and improve the recyclability of materials and packaging across a spectrum of end uses
Avient employs approximately 9,100 associates and is certified ACC Responsible Care and a founding member of the Alliance to End Plastic Waste. For more information, visit
At Avient, we strive for a culture of trust and engagement. Our associates are leading company initiatives such as Lead by Women, HYPE and Pride to advance diversity in professional and personal development. We also provide our associates with robust development programs such as Avient Academy, Lean Six Sigma, and various leadership workshops to allow for career growth in a variety of ways. With workplace flexibility, health and wellness programs, casual dress days, and paid time off for community service, we are committed to building upon our positive momentum.
At Avient, we believe diversity of ideas and backgrounds gives us the creativity to be successful in a rapidly changing world. In support of this, we stress equality of opportunity for all qualified individuals in accordance with applicable laws. Decisions on hiring, promotion, development, compensation or advancement are based solely on a person's qualifications, abilities, experience and performance.
The Quality Technician tests product batches and will make adjustments, as necessary, to ensure compliance with customer specifications and quality standards. Tests incoming raw materials and maintains Certificates of Analysis (COA) from suppliers.This position reports to our 2nd shift Monday through Friday 2:00 pm - 10:00 pm with possible overtime.
This role will also pay the following retention bonuses: $500.00 in your first paycheck a $1,000.00 after 90 days employed!
- Performs standard tests on assigned product line production batches and on some incoming raw materials as needed, ensuring the meeting of Avient and the customer's specifications.
- Acts as a technical resource to production addressing issues related to production batches.
- Records test results in SAP. Maintains reference files.
- Completes and maintain all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
- Ensures all gauges and test equipment are verified.
- May participate in investigations of complaints and corrective actions as needed.
- Follows and complies with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintains departmental housekeeping standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- US High School diploma, GED equivalency or equivalent experience
- 1 year of related manufacturing lab/quality experience or 1 year of Avient production experience.
- Must be able to read/comprehend written and oral instructions in English; read and comprehend safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, technical lab procedure manuals and product recipes/material identifications.
- Must be able to write legibly to keep records and to correspond.
- Must have strong mathemical skill to add, subtract, multiply and divide and the ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Must be able to effectively communicate one-on-one and in small group situations.
- Requires matching proficiency, including the ability to color match.
- Must have ability to reason and address problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must have manual dexterity sufficient to use a wide variety of standard lab equipment including a scale, ovens, viscometers and the ability to operate standard office equipment such as a computer, a calculator, telephone, fax, and photocopier.
- Each position at Avient focuses on eight Core Competencies as a Leader of Self. Additionally, management positions focus on Leadership Competencies as a Leader of Others and/or a Leader of the Business. These competencies are designed to drive behavior that will ultimately help our associates excel at their current roles, while supporting individual and career development.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly (8 to 12hrs per shift) required to:
- stand, walk, or sit
- stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and talk or hear
- use hands to finger
- handle or feel objects, tools, or controls
- occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs
- specific vision abilities required include:
- close vision
- distance vision
- color vision
- peripheral vision
- depth perception
- ability to adjust focus
The characteristics listed below are representative of the work environment typically encountered by an individual while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
The employee is occasionally exposed to:
- moving mechanical parts
- fumes or airborne particles
- noise level in the work environment ranges from normal office noise levels to loud noise
Employees are required to wear mandatory PPE (8 to 12hrs per shift) which include:
- long sleeve uniform shirts
- hearing protection
- steel toe shoes/boots
- safety glasses
- specific gloves when performing specific tasks
- face shield, if required by work area
Avient Corporation is a drug free workplace. Avient is an equal opportunity employer. We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran's status, or other legally protected classification in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law.