Phenomenal opportunity to join a great Leadership Team in our Printing Press department. If you are looking to grow your career in a Company with a lot of upward growth, this might be the position for you. Must be hungry, energetic, and possess the ability to excel in a fast paced environment. This is a night time hourly position with great potential to become salaried. Compensation based on experience.
• Directs and coordinates the day-to-day shift activities by providing leadership and supervision to the team.
• Serves as the link between direct reports and middle / upper management.
• Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products, utilizing knowledge of production processes and methods, machine and equipment capabilities, and human resource requirements and capabilities.
• Makes decisions on job assignments and work priorities
• Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays and downtime.
• Responsible for equipment condition and department housekeeping
• Researches, complies and prepares reports, correspondence, and other information required by management, as well as, identifies and resolves report discrepancies or errors.
• Works with employees to maintain a safe work environment. Leads and supports hourly employees to work in a safe manner and to seek improvements in work practices.
• Ensures that product quality and production efficiencies meet or exceed established standards.
• Examines procedures and recommends changes to save time, labor, and other costs and to improve quality control and operating efficiency.
• Supervises and coordinates activities of support resources such as quality, maintenance, shipping and receiving, and technical trainers.
• Observes workforce to ensure compliance with safety, quality, and productivity standards.
• Verifies completeness and accuracy of employee’s work, computations, and records.
• Participates in work to facilitate productivity or overcome difficult aspects of work.
• Instructs team in job duties or arranges for training to be provided.
• Facilitates team meetings, intervenes as necessary to keep the team’s goals and results consistent with company direction, and works with the team members to develop their full potential.
• Initiates and conducts personnel actions such as discipline, performance evaluations, and payroll.
• Evaluates job performance and recommends appropriate personnel action.
• Administer, communicate and interpret work procedures and company policies to employees
• Provides employees with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems and in resolving grievances or submits unsettled disputes to management.
• Shares an obligation to protect and strengthen Graphic Packaging International’s good reputation in our relationships with customers, employees, suppliers, competitors, investors, and governmental agencies, and to act consistently with our core values: Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships, and Teamwork
• High School Diploma, GED
• Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent experience in a converting facility is preferred
• Leadership Skills - ability to motivate people to perform at high levels
• Computer Skills: SAP, MS Office, and database programs
• Experience with web presses and straight-line gluers is preferred
• Professional oral and written communication skills
• Detail oriented
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap, or disability, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Printing Press experience a plus but not required.