The Company and the Role:
Lehigh Hanson is one of the largest construction materials companies in North America with more than 550 active operations in the U.S. and Canada. Our core activities include the production and distribution of cement and aggregates, the two essential raw materials in concrete. Lehigh Hanson companies also produce ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, and other concrete products.
Lehigh Hanson is part of the HeidelbergCement Group, a global leader in aggregates, cement, concrete, and other downstream activities. The Group employs over 60,000 people at more than 3,000 locations in 60 countries.
Are you excited to put the classroom knowledge you have learned so far into action? Get out of the classroom, and come and spend the summer of 2021 with an industry leader in aggregates. We are seeking students who are looking to get their hands dirty by immersing themselves in plant processes. This position will have the opportunity to tackle new challenges and projects and gain real-world working experience. You will have lots to talk about when you return to school in the fall!
This position will reside in Sandusky, Ohio.
What you'll get to do:
Who we are looking for:
- Follow all plant safety policies and procedures, including wearing required personal protective equipment
- Put your education into action in the field to support and participate in assigned project work.
- Support the plant operations in achieving production goals while partnering with experienced engineers, managers, and production employees in different departments.
- Complete technical projects to gain an understanding of the operations of a cement plant and the cement industry, as well as obtain the practical application of mining and quarry skills.
- Learn the mission of the production, maintenance, and quality departments and different job and functions.
- Ensures compliance with all health, safety, and environmental regulations, as well as company policies and procedures
Benefits & Compensation:
- A college student studying mining or quarrying working to earn a bachelor's degree with the desire to learn the ins and outs of the mining and aggregate industry.
- A highly organized, efficient, and process improvement mindset and skillset
- Someone able and willing to dive in and help solve problems in the field
- Someone with a strong desire to work in a heavy industrial environment
- Mining or quarry student whose desired career path is to be promoted into different roles within the organization
- Strong strategic thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- A multi-tasker who can tackle multiple projects at the same time
- Someone that is flexible to work overtime when it is needed
We appreciate that candidates have many questions when considering opportunities, so we want to let you know that we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which we like to share with candidates a little bit later in the process.
No search firms, please.
Lehigh Hanson is a drug-free workplace.