Built on the principle that sustainable waste management is an integral part of our environmental and economic infrastructure, Wheelabrator Technologies is a vertically-integrated waste management company committed to delivering essential waste management solutions to the customers and communities we serve. owns or operates 43 strategically located assets in the U.S. and the U.K. including our and locations.
Wheelabrator is owned by Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets, a business within the Macquarie Asset Management division of Macquarie Group and a global alternative asset manager focused on real estate, infrastructure, agriculture and energy assets. For more on Wheelabrator, please visit or or .
We currently have an opening for a Post Collections Maintenance Manager at our Tunnel Hill Sunny Farms location in Fostoria, OH. The Maintenance Manager is responsible for the management of fleet equipment at one or more locations and managing teams of technicians who are responsible for the preventive maintenance and repair of equipment, machinery and vehicles (diesel, rail, and alternative fuel) at post collection facilities. The Maintenance Manager is responsible for providing direction to a group of technicians to ensure that all repairs and maintenance are performed in compliance with the manufacturer's specifications, and the company's safety and maintenance standards, and in compliance with all federal and state regulations. The Maintenance Manager (or designee) is responsible for planning and scheduling the repair work for his or her work group to ensure that all work is done in a safe and timely manner to maximize equipment availability and shop productivity.
- Provide direction to all technicians in the maintenance shop and may manage a Maintenance Supervisor in a satellite maintenance shop or on another shift, assigned to his or her work group to ensure that all repair and maintenance work is performed is a safe, efficient, and timely manner.
- Oversee the planning and scheduling of all repair work to maximize productivity, while effectively managing the department's overtime.
- Monitor the shop's operational performance and efficiency and take action to redirect activities as appropriate.
- Report to management on shop performance and implement procedures for process or programmatic changes for improvement when needed.
- Manage technicians, lead technicians, clerks, maintenance supervisor(s) and other team members in the maintenance shop. This includes responsibilities as overseeing daily shop huddles; fleet walks; coaching and counseling on performance, and corrective action, when necessary. Also includes hiring and termination decisions, in concert with Human Resources and appropriate management. Oversee employee training and performance evaluation; evaluate, recommend and approve supervisor recommendations for merit increase, promotion and job change recommendations, as appropriate.
- Identify training opportunities and, as necessary.
- Manage related administrative matters for the team, including payroll, maintain employee records, maintain records of all preventive and corrective maintenance performed, ensure the appropriate recording of all information into the company's maintenance software system,
- Prepare and submit the maintenance department budget for approval, set departmental goals to align with the targets and performance objectives established by the senior leadership team.
- Maintain an on-going preventive maintenance program for assigned locations. Identify trends in break downs; oversee maintenance of the building and other facilities on site; control maintenance costs relating to personnel, purchasing, inventory control. and outsourcing of repairs.
- When necessary, engage outside repair facilities to ensure that all work is properly completed in accordance with the manufacturer's specifications, and the company's safety and maintenance standards, and in compliance with all federal and state regulations; follow up where appropriate.
- Conduct Quality Control Inspections, track issues and issue resolution to ensure all work is properly completed.
- Maintain advanced knowledge of engine, emission systems, transmission, brake, hydraulic and electrical systems to manage advanced preventive and repair maintenance functions of machinery, heavy equipment, and vehicles utilized by the facilty(ies) including:
- Engine and chassis repair and maintenance;
- Knowledge of vehicle body control systems, including hydraulics and electrical systems;
- Knowledge of heating and air conditioning systems;
- Knowledge of welding tools to fix heavy equipment
- Oversee repair diagnostics on more complex matters and provide coaching, where necessary; may be required to road test vehicles to determine necessary repairs.
- Oversee maintenance shop inventory control system to ensure necessary equipment and parts levels are maintained and purchases are within budget. Review and approve expenses that are within scope of approval level; refer larger expenses or major repairs to manager as appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Good communication skills; can effectively communicate operating issues to management.
- Ability to anticipate business needs and plan accordingly to ensure that equipment, employee and fiscal resources are utilized in the most efficient manner
- High level of analytical skill to develop a range of possible solutions to address a wide range of issues
- Organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate and encourage employee engagement
- Good financial management and planning skills; ability to understand financial terms, budgets, tables and reports. Ability to develop realistic, comprehensive plans to make efficient use of resources.
- Good follow through ability; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company's safety standards; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
- Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
- Associates and/ or Bachelor's Degree.
- Automotive Service Excellence T2 Diesel Engine, T Master Certified. T3 Drive T4 Brake T5 Suspension and Steering
- High School diploma or GED.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills and Microsoft Office
- 3 years of experience in maintenance working with heavy equipment.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a Maintenance Supervisor or other management role in the transportation (or related) industry which requires a thorough knowledge and application of safe working practices including OSHA Haz Com, OSHA Lock Out Tag Out, OSHA Fire Safety and other federal and state regulations.
At Wheelabrator Technologies, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.