Equipment Service Co-op/Intern - Fall 2020
This requisition/job description reflects potential co-op openings for the Fall 2020 Co-op Session (May-August). This is a general job description and represents multiple openings in various departments. College students must apply to this requisition to indicate their interest.
Please note: Sponsorship foremployment visa status for these positions is unavailable. Applicants requiringsponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g., F-1 CPT/OPT,H-1B, TN, etc.) will not be considered.
Equipment Service and Die Service Technician co-op opportunities typically exist in the following areas and projects/tasks may include the following:
Assignments are focused on Honda safety procedures, quality policies, root cause and countermeasure analysis, preventative maintenance (P.M.) work orders, maintenance repair work, response to production downtime and work related documentation. Will work alongside a maintenance technician (mentor).
* Building Maintenance: Student may engage in multi-disciplinary projects encompassing electrical, mechanical and refrigeration disciplines. Electrical/mechanical analysis and planning for future replacement strategy. Hands-on support of preventative, predictive maintenance activities.
* Weld: Confirmation of actual and updating of line-side hardwire prints. Basic electrical wiring of proxy switch, limit switch, 24 V control wiring and installation of connectored and non-connectored cabling. Use of basic shop equipment, hand and power tools for repair and fabrication.
* Paint: Support fabrication activities/projects. Assist maintenance on emergency calls to troubleshoot and repair equipment failures.
* Stamping: Press inspections, breakdowns and repairs, line-side assistance for operators.
* Facilities: General building maintenance including heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC).
Required: Must have basic knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, pneumatics, industrial safety and understanding of industrial math. Demonstrate a positive attitude and proactive approach with equipment maintenance. Basic PC skills (Microsoft Excel and Power Point applications). Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written format.
Desired: PLC programming, Motor Controls, Industrial system networking, Servo systems (Robotics), Auto Cad, Machine design, Pumps. Weld only: Soldering, welding (MIG, TIG, Stick)
Class Status: Freshman or above
Term: Minimum of 10 weeks required.
Shift/Hours: Must be able to work a minimum of three days per week and at least four hours per day. Full-time and part-time opportunities available on various shifts.
Degree: Candidate must be enrolled in an associate degree or certificate program studying Electrical, Mechanical, or Electro-Mechanical Engineering Technology, Industrial Maintenance, Multicraft Industrial Technology, Welding, or related field.
Location: (Positions could be located at the following)
* Anna, OH (45 minutes north of Dayton, OH)
* Marysville, OH (45 minutes northwest of Columbus, OH)
* East Liberty, OH (55 minutes northwest of Columbus, OH)
* Russells Point, OH (30 minutes northwest of Marysville, OH)
Honda of America Manufacturing, Inc.
Honda of America Manufacturing turns cutting-edge technology into world-class vehicles at three Ohio manufacturing facilities. In Ohio, Honda manufactures many of the most popular, highest-quality vehicles sold in the United States.
Marysville Auto Plant - Marysville, OH
Manufacturing operations include Assembly, Weld, Paint, Engineering Services, Stamping, Plastics, Material Services, and Vehicle Quality.
East Liberty Auto Plant - East Liberty, OH
Manufacturing operations include Assembly, Weld, Paint, Engineering Services, Stamping, Plastics, Material Services and Vehicle Quality
Anna Engine Plant - Anna, OH
Manufacturing operations include Assembly, Drivetrain Manufacturing, Ferrous Manufacturing, Material Services, Engine Quality, Casting and Machining
Honda North America, Inc. - Marysville, OH, East Liberty, OH & Anna, OH
Honda North America, Inc. provides strategic and operational support for Honda's operations in the North American region.
Honda Engineering North America, Inc. - Marysville, OH & Anna, OH
Honda Engineering is responsible for the development of manufacturing processes, systems and equipment used to build Honda products. It is a major supplier of all types of manufacturing equipment and tools including machining, casting, forging, stamping, painting, welding and assembly.
Honda Transmission Manufacturing of America, Inc. - Russells Point, OH
Honda Transmission Mfg. of America is the leading manufacturer of high-quality automatic transmissions for Honda and Acura.