Make a Difference
SWIB is a trusted and skilled global investment organization managing the assets of the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) and other separately managed funds. With about $144 billion in total assets under management, SWIB has been recognized by the investment industry for its teamwork and innovation that helps make it a premier asset manager. Sophisticated investment management strategies, forward-looking technologies, and strong internal asset management make SWIB a leading investment organization.
For public employees in Wisconsin, SWIB is a unique and valuable partner. Investing for the financial security of more than 652,000 individuals - and for the 1,500 Wisconsin employers who contribute on behalf of their employees - SWIB's strong management of the WRS has helped fuel one of only a few fully funded public pension funds in the country. SWIB's long-term investment returns meet the challenges of a constantly evolving investment landscape while helping grow and protect the assets of the WRS, which is consistently among the top 10 largest public pension funds in the U.S.
We are a mission driven organization and the participants we serve are our mission. By bringing a disciplined, prudent, and innovative approach to market opportunities, SWIB has been successful in generating reasonable returns and maintaining the trust of the beneficiaries and stakeholders of the funds we oversee.
Real World Experience
This is your opportunity to gain professional experience working for one of the nation's top public pension fund investment organizations. We are looking for a dynamic, energetic intern who is eager to be a part of our dedicated team. SWIB's intern program offers an opportunity for you to put your skills to use while at the same time learning new skills in a professional environment. Our internship program is designed to provide meaningful work through hands-on, authentic, professional experiences.
About the Team
The Human Resources Division's mission is to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce of outstanding professionals to ensure the achievement of SWIB's mission and vision. We strive to build and maintain programs that support SWIB's values and business plans and encourage employees to perform in a manner consistent with our values. In addition, we provide SWIB with the structure and ability to meet business outcomes through effectively managing and supporting our most valuable resource, our employees. The HR Division also strives to provide timely and responsive customer service to our employees, robust communications and be a trusted and credible resource.
* Participate in daily calls with the HR team to stay informed of current events, updates on projects and important employee matters.
* Conduct HR related audits of records such as I-9 records and HR documents on SWIBNet. Report findings and implement approved solutions.
* Assist by providing support for routine HR processes and programs such as service awards, new hire set-up and terminations.
* Provide onboarding assistance, including preparation of new hire orientation documents and schedule of new employee orientation.
* Assist with maintenance of personnel files.
* Other administrative duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate:
* A current undergraduate or graduate student pursuing a degree in Human Resources.
* Knowledge of human resources principles and practices
* Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and a customer service oriented, professional demeanor
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Ability to prepare clear and concise documentation
* Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook required
Join HIGHER PERFORMERS
Home to Top Talent
SWIB's professionals shape sophisticated investment management strategies, by driving progressive technologies, and by delivering strong internal asset management results. SWIB's internal team invests over 50% percent of its assets under management in-house. As a result, Institutional Investor recognizes SWIB as "home to top talent in American public investing."
"The organization has earned a reputation for investment excellence in part by running much of its portfolio successfully in-house versus outsourcing to Wall Street" - Institutional Investor.