Kraft Sports & Entertainment is seeking a driven, hard-working BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and People of Color) college undergraduate (junior or senior) or first-year graduate student to join our team this summer and learn through real-life work assignments how the sports and events business operates. An assigned mentor will support the intern’s navigation through the organization for three different responsibility periods listed below. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, organized and possess a passion for learning about the inner workings of the professional sports industry.
Application Deadline: July 2, 2021
This unique and exciting Kraft Sports & Entertainment summer internship is available to BIPOC candidates who are currently a college undergraduate (Junior or Senior) or first-year graduate student. This program will provide the candidate with an opportunity to work in three different departments within a professional sports organization to learn the complexities, challenges, and collaborative nature of driving success within this unique industry. The candidate will spend an allotted period of time in three key organizational areas: marketing, operations, and sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Period 1 - Event operations working closely with the Vice President of Operations on work assignments during both event and non-event days. Assignments may include individual or team-based projects for parking, site operations and facility operations departments.
- Period 2 - Learning how to deliver exceptional customer service working closely with the Vice President of Corporate Relationships during both event and non-event days. Assignments may include greeting and hosting clients and season ticket members, executing unique members-only special events and individual or team-based projects.
- Period 3 - Soccer Sales working closely with the Vice President of Sales. Assignments may include telephone sales, customer service assignments, participating in sales meetings and other projects as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and Person of Color)
- 2.5 or higher GPA
- College junior, senior or first-year graduate student.
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment requiring multi-tasking
- Reliable and able to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends
- Service and team-oriented with a positive attitude
- Solid communication skills – verbal and written
- Great follow-through on assigned projects and responsibilities
- Passion for learning about the inner workings of the professional sports industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to handle or feel.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Disclaimer: The career event and job fair calendar on the website is a complimentary resource for employers and career event organizers. Job seekers are strongly encouraged to verify the dates and details of the career events and job fairs posted on our website prior to attending. The LocalJobNetwork™ disclaims all liability with respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all of the events posted on our website.