|[Position No Longer Available]||Forward Print|
|Position:||Reservation Sales Manager|
|Job Location(s):||Solon, OH|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||Management and Supervision|
The basic function of this job is to develop and manage a team of Customer Care and Sales Specialists in accordance with company policies and budgeted parameters.
1. *Accurately monitors, tracks and audits associate performance statistics in accordance with the center's budgeted parameters. Writes and issues progressive counseling statements as warranted.
2. *Writes and administers performance evaluations.
3. *Documents and processes all schedule adherence including absences, tardies and terminations.
4. *Writes and issues progressive counseling statements as warranted.
5. *Coaches and motivates associates to promote associate self-esteem and increased sales performance.
6. *Maintains a tradition and attitude within Marriott Reservations of giving excellent service to all customers. Supports the efforts of associates to provide excellent service to customers and to other associates of the operation.
7. *Provides additional training and relays pertinent information to team members to ensure that budgeted sales performance goals are met.
8. *Provide team orientation to new associates within their first 90 days.
9. *Conducts team meetings to communicate new policy information and to reinforce existing policies and procedures.
10. *Ensures that Marriott Standard Operating Procedures and Current Best Methods are adhered to by all associates in Marriott Reservations so that questions may be correctly answered, problems may be resolved, and compliance with all laws, company policies and budgetary goals may be ensured.
11. *Responds to associate questions, concerns and comments via rap sessions/team meetings in a prompt and courteous manner.
12. *Conduct and/or participate in departmental meetings.
13. *Works directly with hotels to resolve reservation or service related issues.
14. *Works directly with hotels to resolve rate, group or property information discrepancies.
15. *Proactively develops performance and recognition incentives for team and center.
16. *Displays willingness to train and to instruct other members of the department and the operation by passing along skills and information to assist them in their development and advancement. Provides clear direction and priorities and to clarify roles and responsibilities, fostering collaboration and teamwork.
17. *Notifies payroll department or scheduling department of any payroll issues or scheduling conflicts for team members.
18. *Acts as Manager on Duty. Responsible for safety and security of all associates and building facilities.
19. *Responsible for regular coverage and duties at the Lead Customer Care and Sales Specialist Desk.
20. *Each manager is expected to carry out all reasonable requests by management which the manager is capable of performing.
1. Proven written oral communication skills, as well as excellent listening skills.
2. Knowledge of MARSHA/PURE computer systems.
3. Knowledge of Foundations of Leadership or Interaction Management principles preferred.
4. Demonstrates commitment to Marriott's vision, mission and associates.
5. Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
6. Proven leadership skills focused on associate and customer satisfaction and retention.
7. Proven decision making and judgment skills.
8. Proven ability to interact with all levels of the organization in a professional manner and with a positive demeanor.
9. Ability to apply proven principles of coaching and motivation.
10. Strong sales drive and customer service orientation.
11. Understanding of hotel operations with emphasis in the areas of in-house reservations, front desk, group and/or transient sales or revenue management.
12. Ability to set measurable, objective performance standards to achieve desired goals.
13. Neat, professional appearance and outgoing people oriented personality which conveys pride in working for Marriott and which is demonstrated by a ready smile and willingness to assist others.
14. Ability to function calmly in a fast paced environment handling multiple priorities simultaneously. Ability to deal with situations of a dynamic nature; to be able to modify plans, actions and decisions in light of changing situations and circumstances.
15. Willingness to learn new methods, procedures, techniques or systems.
16. Ability to facilitate meetings and present information in front of a group of people.
17. Ability to work a rotating, flexible schedule. The
18. Proven attendance record.
19. Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
20. Proven regard for office policies and practices.