|Company:||National Oilwell Varco|
|Job Location(s):||Springfield, OH|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||Maintenance - Machines|
A. PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Plan and direct all three maintenance shifts to maintain machine tools, material handling equipment, buildings and grounds in a productive condition. The primary emphasis is on continuous improvement within the department and supporting our operations with minimal downtime and costs. The incumbent will participate in the planning and execution of all project work.
B. KEY RESULTS AREAS:
1. Develop maintenance staff and ensure staff expertise is sustained through management of core competencies and subject matter expertises.
* Develop and mentor staff, including succession planning and training (both formal and on-the-job)
* Have manpower and associated skills available as needed.
* Provide continuing education and training for tradesmen and foremen.
* Alter and change schedules, encourage, support, and motivate staff.
* Develop a working relationship with U.A.W.
* Implement and oversee the Apprenticeship Program.
2. Maintain a maintenance projects schedule and implementation plan within an annual budget. (all shifts)
* Complete projects on time and within budget.
* Plan for delivery of materials and availability of manpower.
* Have alternative plans and capabilities available for contingenciesto reach objectives within requisite timeframes and budget.
* Develop and manage capital expenditures associated with major building and equipment related activities.
3. Manage the plant and equipment, emergency repair, support standard maintenance, security system and safety program. Maintain all equipment records.
* Provide maintenance resources around the clock to support manufacturing operations.
* Ensure programs and policies are enforced to meet security, safety, and environmental guidelines.
* Develop and implement emergency action plans.
* Develop and maintain community and support relationships, and establish contact list for those key entities.
4. Responsible for maintaining buildings, grounds, parking lots, and material handling vehicles.
* Maintain buildings and grounds to ensure functionality in all types of weather.
* Define and implement servicing and preventive maintenance programs consistent with Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) guidelines.
* Ensure documentation systems are defined to capture key maintenance metrics.
Preferred is a Bachelor's degree in mechanical/industrial engineering discipline background and intimate knowledge and experience with machine shop practices and procedures, the ability to understand production schedules, labor relations and human relations so that tasks can be completed through other people. Normally, past work experience would familiarize a person enough to qualify for additional training.
Knowledge of air, stream, water, acid, and electrical transmissions is acquired through additional study and observation. Knowledge of rigging, moving, leveling, and repair of machine and equipment is acquired mostly by on-the-job training.
- Experience is a manufacturing environment
- Proficient with Microsoft products, such and Outlook, Office, and Project.
- Good computer skills
- Working understanding of drawings - familiarity with 2D CAD systems
- Working knowledge of canned maintenance management software and systems
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Knowledge of and experience with LEAN principles and ISO guidelines