Corporate Investigator - Asset Protection
Position Title: Corporate Investigator - Asset Protection
Reports to: Director of Investigations
Location: Home Office - New Albany, OH
The Corporate Investigator will be based at A&F's Home Office in Columbus and will require travel to support field operations.
The Corporate Investigator will have responsibility in maintaining the high standards established around internal and external investigations. Success will be measured through personal accomplishments and driving results within the field organization.
Protects company assets resulting from internal and external theft by utilizing investigative resources (i.e. exception based reporting, store reports, allocation and distribution reporting, internet surveillance etc.).
Initiates case leads, conducts investigations and completes interviews within the Corporate, Distribution Center, Direct to Consumer and Stores organizations.
Completes interview and interrogation training and sign off of all newly hired Asset Protection personnel. Manages annual evaluation and re-certification programs.
Establishes an effective partnership with Sales Audit to mitigate loss related to cash over/short, credit card fraud and counterfeit currency. Oversees and supports field Asset Protection team on all deposit loss investigations.
Responsible for company covert camera operations. Requires the technical knowledge to set up, maintain and troubleshoot remote covert camera systems. Drives system usage. Audits for legal compliance.
Analyzes external theft trends of organized retail theft rings and transit thefts. Leads and coordinates aggressive field blitz operations. Establishes key partnerships with Law Enforcement, Mall Security and Retail business partners. Leverages state and local ORC laws for the effective prosecution of cases.
Reports to the Director of Investigations. Provides monthly progress reports and highlights to risk related exposures. Effectively communicates results and recommendations.
- 4 year college degree
- Minimum of 4 years experience conducting field investigations and interviews
- W-Z basic and advanced certification required. CFI credentials required within 12 months of employment
- Proficiency in exception based reporting query design and analysis. Experience with the use of industry based software tools that include Aspect, XBR, LPSoftware and Profitech beneficial
- Must be a team player with superior communication (both oral and written), interpersonal and consultative skills
- Ability to handle sensitive/confidential information appropriately
- Up to 60% overnight travel may be required in order to complete the requirements of this position